Thursday, June 4, 2009

Summertime Card and Tag set

Nothing says summertime like pink Flamingoes!

I made this little card and tag set with a few stamps from the Odd Bird Planet Flamingo Bundle and some sentiments that were, up until recently, in the Clearance section but are now sold out :(  Don't worry, there are plenty more here.  

When you're working with a bird as fancy as a Flamingo I think that scallops and rick rack are the way to go.  Do you see what I did to make the card?  I used the Nesties Long Scalloped Rectangle for the front and the back, and then sandwiched a smaller card in between so that nothing shows from underneath the scalloped border.

Details:  Odd Bird Planet stamps (Nathan Flamingo Left and Right, and Heart from Spring Flamingo Bundle, Pour Toi, You've Captured My Fancy), Spellbinders Nestabilities dies, Memento Tuxedo Black and Bahama Blue ink, Copic Cerise marker, White Signo Gel pen, Magic Scraps Rick Rack ribbon, Papertrey Ink Sweet Blush and American Crafts textured white cardstock. 


5 comments:

Ann said...

Who doesn't love a good flamingo? I have one in my backyard (a plastic one, of course, not the real thing). Fab colors on this, too!

Tricia said...

Very cute!

Tanis said...

WAYWAYWAYWAY too cute.

I love this :)

Godelieve said...

Gorgeous!! Love the shapes and colors!!

Claudette said...

a fun card set....