Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Sometimes I think I'm incapable of an original idea


As I was browsing Moxie Fab yesterday (thanks so much for featuring one of my cards in the blog hop!) I was eyeing up the card with the sailboat and it made me think of my sailboat stamp that hasn't been inked in awhile.  Then  I thought of something I saw Kathi do once that I've been meaning to CASE, which was to use the tree trunk pattern stamp as an ocean.  How to put it all together?  The newest Odd Bird Planet newsletter sketch.  

Details:  Odd Bird Planet Multi Sailboat, Kelly's Tree Trunk Pattern, Fancy Sun (retired), and Happy Birthday whimsey stamps; & Gypsies patterned paper, Heidi Swapp decorative tape, Fabriano watercolor paper, Distress Inks (image is watercolored), Bazzill textured cardstock

4 comments:

Emilia said...

No way, you are so creative! I wouldn't think of the trunk as the ocean...how clever. I love it!

Ann said...

I sometimes feel the same way...would I be able to create anything if it weren't for challenges and inspirations??? ;) Yours looks fab!

~amy~ said...

isn't it great to be surrounded by so much inspiration? I love your sweet card! a big woot woot about MFW!

Tiff said...

GENIUS!