Thursday, June 11, 2009

Got Sketch #86


I was looking around on Robyn's blog and this great sketch popped out at me - Got Sketch #86.

Its a funky graduation card, isn't it?  I used some stuff thats been in my stash for awhile, and I colored the stamp (My Paper Moon The Professor) with markers.  This can be challenging for me because my set of SU! markers is old and not as juicy as they used to be.  I made the mistake of trying to ink a stamp with Copics.  All it does is color the stamp, don't try it!

Oh, eta I just thought of a fun little factoid.  The circa 2005 Autumn Leaves printed twill on this card was once owned by Ali Edwards herself!  I took her album track at CKU in 2006 and she was nice enough to make centerpieces on every table with various embellishments from her stash that she was purging, and this was something I snagged.

Details:  My Paper Moon stamp, KI Memories die cut paper, Autumn Leaves printed twill, 7 Gypsies gaffer tape, Making Memories shimmer star. American Crafts textured cardstock, Neenah Solar White cardstock, SU! markers

3 comments:

Becky said...

How adorable! I didn't think to use him on my graduation cards this year. Shame on me! LOL

Great job!

Ann said...

OMGosh, he is cute! Love this sweet card.

~amy~ said...

laura, such the fun graduation card...wow....ali edwards' twill? I'd seriously hoard that stuff...