Sunday, June 14, 2009

Flag Day


June 14th is Flag Day, a day to celebrate the American Flag.  I dressed up one of my favorite ladybird stamps in her patriotic best.

And since my card had a fair amount of white in it, I thought I'd try out Lisa Spangler's 2nd Scribble This! challenge, which involves photo correction with levels.  Small pic is the "before" which is dingy and grey.  The big pic is the "after" which really pops!  I have Elements 6, and I just followed the tutorial, first moving the white triangle to the left and then finishing with the eyedropper tool.  Easy!  Oh, and do you like the cute little flag?  Lisa offered it up on her blog a few weeks ago here.  Thanks, Lisa!

Supplies:  Odd Bird Planet Ladies Dancing Ltd Edition ladybird stamp, OBP celebrate sentiment, & Gypsies patterned paper, Copics, Neenah Solar White cardstock.

5 comments:

SmilynStef said...

Wow ... the adjusting of the levels really made your card pop ... what a fun card for flag day!

Kathi said...

The card is great.

I'm going to have to check out that tutorial! Thanks for the link.

stephsidestory said...

What a fun patriotic card! I love it! Great editing job, too :)

Kristina said...

What a fun card! Your adjusted level card REALLY pops!

~amy~ said...

such a fun card Laura!!