Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Fathers Day is Coming


Not this weekend, but next weekend!

There is a 25% off sale at Odd Bird Planet right now on an assortment of stamps that would be perfect for Fathers Day cards, and more.  This card features 3 of the sale stamps - Pipes, Tattoo Plumber Bird, and Happy Fathers Day.

I also wanted to share how I did the metal rimmed tag.  I've had an idea for awhile now that it would be nice to spotlight smaller images like this.  You can just buy some tags and wallpaper the front, but what I did here is to buy the empty metal rims made by Making Memories to be used with their Tagmaker tool.  You don't need the tagmaker, just set the tag on a table topped with the wood block side of a wood mounted stamp, press hard with the heel of your palm and "snap" you've made a tag.

Supplies:  SU! kraft cardstock, Bazzill textured grey cardstock, Odd Bird Planet stamps (see above links), Sweetwater patterned paper, SU! border punch, Making Memories circle tag rims, Copics, dimensionals

8 comments:

Ann said...

Very cute for Father's Day! I love the colors, and the spiral punch is the perfect finishing touch!

~amy~ said...

such the super masculine card!

Kim said...

Laura - This is darling!!

Tricia said...

Perfect for fathers day - I love it!

Claudette said...

those stamps are so fun to work with I found.... and you did an excellent job using them on this card

Heather said...

Your sweet card is simply too cute!! LOVE it!!!

anni said...

Love your card! I must buy these stamps as my DH is a plumber and would be perfect for him and some SB pages I have in mind for him!

Anthonette said...

I love those plumber images! My dad is a retired plumber; he would get a kick out of your card. Great design!