Saturday, June 6, 2009

Another Hobby!























Do you read Nicole Heady's blog? (of course you do)  I was so  blown away by these little crochet flowers she made that I went to the craft store, bought a hook and thread, and actually made one!

Crocheting is a hobby that I haven't done in at least 25 years.  That makes me sound like an old lady (I'm 42) but I was probably a young teen the last time I crocheted.  My grandmother taught me all sorts of crafts when I was little - sewing, embroidery, needlepoint, latch hook - but crocheting was the one I came back to the most.  And when I viewed the tutorial and the videos Nicole linked to it refreshed my memory so that when I got the hook and thread in my hands it all came right back.  As you can see I only did the basic version of her flower.  I think my tension is too tight so I'll have to work with this.  I'm also not sure how to hide the ends of the threads when I'm done.  I think there's a way to bury them but I can't remember how.

I made this little card out of some cardstock scraps from my last 2 projects and a little piece of Copic paper I had lying around.  The stamps are also PTI - Text Background and sentiment from Just Hatched.

Details:  Papertrey Ink stamps (Text Background, Just Hatched), Memories Artprint Brown ink, Copic Paper, PTI Sweet Blush cardstock, Creative Cafe textured green cardstock.



3 comments:

~amy~ said...

Oh Laura, this is just darling!!!!

Karrie Baker said...

I love those little flowers. I am definitely going to have to give that a try! Wonderful card Laura! :)

Ann said...

You talented girl! This is gorgeous!