Saturday, May 2, 2009

My 1st Banner



I've been working on this all week, not that it was hard to do, but you know how it goes with "think" time on these kind of projects.

I used a mix of old stuff from my stash - the K&Co papers and Technique Tuesday alphas, and some brand new stuff - vintage circus images from Layers of Color and some Jenni Bowlin chipboard buttons.

To make the triangles I cut cardstock to 4" x 5", pencil marked the 2" center on the bottom and cut up to each top outer corner from there.  I was going to attach each triangle with eyelets and twine like I saw my friend Debbie do, but I got lazy and just used brads.




5 comments:

~amy~ said...

Laura...how FUN is this??!!! FAB job!! I love it!!!

Godelieve said...

Wow! Festive banner! Must have been a lot of work and "thinking"

Ann said...

Too cute and fun! I love it!

Laura said...

How fabulous is this?!! Totally fun, well thought out, well made, and joy filled! Bravo!

Musing of a Patched Heart said...

Love this sooo much! What a festive b-day banner! I love the layers and colorful display... someone had a great birthday I can tell! Great job! Heather W. LOC Designer