Monday, May 25, 2009

Moxie Fab Citrus Challenge


Sorry so long since last post!  We were at the beach for the holiday weekend and the weather couldn't have been better.  Sometimes Memorial weekend can be rainy and still cold, but it was just perfect.  I tried to get this done before we left on friday, but it wasn't happening.  I had this idea with Distress Stickles and after waiting forever for them to dry it wasn't quite right and no time to start over.  

There is a color challenge on the Moxie Fab blog this week.  As soon as I saw it I thought of something Godelieve did a few weeks ago that I was so inspired by.  She paired up the Odd Bird Planet Sleeping Fairy with the Strawberry Castle.  I changed it up a bit and used the regular Castle with the Ice Cream Topiaries out front (something I've also seen Godelieve do).  Does it look like she's asleep on the beach in front of her sand castle?  I think I'll be making more of this design!

Details:  Odd Bird Planet stamps (Happy Birthday Whimsey, Kelly's Sleeping Fairy, Castle, Ice Cream Topiary), K&Co Wild Raspberry collection patterned paper, Neenah Solar White and Natural White cardstock, Copics.

5 comments:

Ann said...

Cute, cute, cute!

~amy~ said...

Laura, this is absolutely darling!!! The Ice Cream Topiaries are divine!

Godelieve said...

So sweet laura! Love the sand castle scene! The colors make the whole thing look fabulous!

Tricia said...

Love that card! You did a great job with that color combo - how surprising to use green for the sky but it works beautifully.

Kathi said...

Oh my. Sooooo very cute. I love those images together!~