Wednesday, April 29, 2009

First Communion


My little girl made her First Communion 2 years ago.  I thought I'd share what I did with all of the photos, cards, certificates, and misc ephemera she collected and we wanted to preserve.  This was an easy project that gets lots of compliments!

The box is made by Martha Stewart Crafts and is called the Specimen Collector Box.  It is very sturdy, opens like a book, has a pink satin lining,a clear plastic cover, and even can hang on the wall.

Inside the box (click the pictures for a bigger view)  holds her certificates, a group photo, a dvd of the ceremony (it was requested that we not take pictures during the service), her headpiece (she didn't want to wear a veil), an old family Rosary, and a mini album of sorts that I made from a 7 Gypsies file folder.

The cover of the mini book is wallpapered with some Basic Grey patterned paper, a photo of my cutie in her dress, a label I made with a ZingBoom! stamp and had my daughter sign, and one of the little handouts we picked up at the service.  Inside there are all of her cards and letters and the photos are just thrown in and journaled on the back with a photo safe pen.

This box sits on a shelf in our family room, and gets opened and passed around a lot.  I'm glad I thought of a way to keep everything together, including the bulky items like the headpiece and the Rosary.  This is the season for First Communion.  If you've got one in your family or know someone who does I hope my project will give you some inspiration.

2 comments:

Claudette said...

What a treasure you created....this is really lovely.

Missus Wookie said...

Oh this is gorgeous Laura!