Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Trash to Treasure

Another Winterfest challenge - to alter some trash!  This little gift bucket is made out of a Crystal Light container.  

When I was making it I realized I could double up challenges.  I had a goal to do 1 separate project for each challenge but oh, well.  There is another challenge to use your unused tools, and to make this I cracked open my Zyron Cheetah that I bought 3 years ago and never took out of the packaging.  I used it to adhere the patterned paper to the container, and it worked great!

The rest of the project was pretty simple.  I punched holes on each side to thread the ribbon handle thru, and made the front label with Odd Bird Planet stamps colored with Copics.

3 comments:

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

I am cracking up!!! You just reminded me that I have a big XYRON thingy that I have not used either!!! I forgot all about it!

Super cute project...and thanks for the inspiration!!!

~amy~ said...

cute, cute, cute!!! what a super fun project!!!

Godelieve said...

So cute!