Wednesday, February 11, 2009

For Our Peeps


I got an idea shortly after christmas that it would be fun to make valentines for my friends.  My daughter, who is in 4th grade, still exchanges valentines with her classmates and it makes me so happy each year when she comes home from school with all her little hearts and treats.  So this is what I came up with for my "peeps".  I bought these 4" heart doilies at the grocery store and used a Nesties scalloped heart on some Martha Stewart embossed paper (for the front) and Martha Stewart patterned paper (for the back).  I used an Odd Bird Planet bird and sentiment stamp.  There were a few girls who I would have liked to send them to, but I didn't have their address (Tiff, Kim, Cath, Tracy) and I wanted these to be a surprise and I didn't want anyone to feel like they had to reciprocate.



And these are the valentines for my daughter to take to school.  I forgot that she has an inservice day on friday and her party would be tomorrow, so I just cranked these out a little while ago.  I used a Hero Arts owl and branch b/c no time for coloring!  The little bags hold 1 gumdrop heart, 1 hershey kiss, and 1 foiled wrapped chocolate heart.  When she gets home from school she cam write her message on the back of the heart and we'll finish them all up.

10 comments:

Godelieve said...

Thanks Laura for the lovely surprise :) So pretty!

Ryann said...

These are adorable Laura!

Lauri said...

These are so so cute!

~amy~ said...

sooo absolutely a-dorable!

Valerie said...

you are such a sweet mummy! the little valentine treats are very pretty.

HAPPY VALENTINE'S!

Rina said...

I fall in love with your LOVELY pink heart!! THANK YOU, Laura:)
Love your sweet chocolate package, too!

Happy Valentine!

Tiff said...

WOW, these are soooooo cute!!!! What an awesome idea! One year I made something similar but with tea bags! I should definitely do something like this again :)

Kathi said...

Thanks so much for my lovely surprise. It made my day!

Debbie, said...

These are adorable and even more adorable in person. Thank you for the cute surprise!

Beth Norman said...

These are too cute! They are even more adorable in person. Thanks for making my day a happy one!!

Hugs,

Bethy