Saturday, January 3, 2009

Watercoloring with Distress Inks



One of the girls on SCS pointed me to this tutorial on Water- coloring with Distress Inks.  This morning I gave it a try.  I've never water- colored before.  I've been thinking about it for awhile now and even bought the paper and water brushes but this memory of grade school art class and a too-wet brush turning my paper into a pile of soup kept coming back to me.  

I only have 3 colors of Distress ink - Brushed Corderouy, Broken China, and Peeled Paint - so I went with some simple images, the OBP Spring Tree and Birdhouse Church.  It was easy, and fun!  And the finished image coordinates pretty well with some new October Afternoon patterned papers that I ordered and just showed up yesterday.

This card might be too casual for a wedding and may be better suited for an anniversary card.

The storewide sale is still going on at Odd Bird Planet but there are only 2 days left, so make your decisions and empty your carts.

3 comments:

Ryann said...

Very cute card! I love the paper you chose - it works really well with those stamps!

kerry said...

Love your banner and the watercoloring...Gotta get me that nesties die...

Kerry

Perky Nihilist said...

Such a beautiful card! Love the papers you chose and the coloring is gorgeous.

I use that technique all the time, but I use markers as I have a lot more markers than ink pads. Any markers work including cheap Crayolas.

You can see a post I did about it here