Saturday, January 24, 2009

Sugar Nellie

My first card with my first Sugar Nellie.

I tried the watercoloring with Distress inks technique again.  I like the way the skin came out, but not so much the background.  I left the wings and the buttons uncolored.  Sometimes I think one of my favorite parts about coloring are the areas you can just leave white.  For this one I used Weathered Wood, Broken China, Fire Brick, Tattered Rose, and Brushed Corderouy.  I just love the names Tim Holtz gives these colors.  The patterned papers are from Amy Butler.

I also got this stamp which I will play with next, probably with my markers.  

6 comments:

Perky Nihilist said...

Oh my goodness. That is just about the cutest stamp ever and I love the card you made with it.

On our first trip to Disney there was a major earthquake and our boys wanted to " ride the hotel" again. Uh...no.

Big Love is my favorite show and I just love Niki too. That show is such a blast and living here (in UT but not Mormon) makes it so real - people here are a little different.

Kathi said...

Oh my! So cute. I really like that cute yet quirky image.

Great coloring.

Tiff said...

LOVE this! I LOVE big love too!!!

~amy~ said...

sooo fabulous...those Leanne Ellis designs are adorable!

Claudette said...

i love the layout of this card, the stamp used....well everything about it, great card.


ps...saw you enjoy watching Big Love...so do I

Perky Nihilist said...

Hi Again :-)

I just nominated you for a blog award over at my blog. You're blog is great and I wanted to make sure people came to visit.