Saturday, January 31, 2009

Hero Arts Heartfelt Challenge

I made this for the weekly challenge on the Hero Arts blog, which is to use hearts for a non-valentine card.  

I read the fine print, and it did not specifically say you had to use a heart stamp, so I used a Cuttlebug die with my K&Co glitter paper and a Hero Arts sentiment stamp.  Behind the hearts are some strips of ribbon.  This was a 5 minute card.  I also used a really wonderful adhesive recommended by my friend, Tanis called Fabritac.  I used it to attach the ribbon to the textured cardstock, and the glitter paper to the ribbon.  It feels very secure, and it did not bleed thru the ribbon or warp the cardstock.

1 comment:

jolt said...

Laura,
how are you attaching the ribbion pieces without having them fray at the ends?
do you sew the ends first?
I've seen so many great looking project with ribbons on card but I can't figure out how to finish them off without looking frayed and ratty??