Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Cake Nouveau Inspired




I made this for the Inspiration Challenge IC161 on Splitcoast.  The challenge piece, well there are several to choose from, are these fancy cakes from Cake Nouveau.  

As soon as I saw their Lovebirds cake I knew what I had to do with the Odd Bird Birdie Cake.

I've had these skeleton leaves and handmade paper in my stash for some time now.   I thought I'd share this wonderful adhesive called Zip Dry which is what I used to adhere these elements to the face of the card.  

My friend Suzy recommended this to me a few months ago and I just love it!  It holds like cement and does not warp the paper at all.  You can get it at Michael's but it is not with the paper crafting adhesives, its over with the paint and Mod Podge.  The applicator cap can get gunked up, so I keep this pin with it to loosen and peel off any dried accumulation.

The card measures 3 1/2" x 7" and the markers I used are Cool Grey #1, Pale Yellow, Dark Brown, Dim Green, Apple Green, and Greyish Olive.


1 comment:

Marnie said...

Beautiful card, Love the colors! Zip Dry is my favorite adhesive.