Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Its Almost Here

Thanksgiving is tomorrow, and I've been getting ready all day today.  Usually I do all of the cooking on Thanksgiving, but for the first time ever I made my all of my sides today.  Tomorrow all I have to do is cook the stuffing and those Pillsbury canned biscuits which just take 10 minutes.

My little guy has been sick since friday and I was worried that he would either still be sick tomorrow and demanding all my attention, or worse would pass the bug to me.  So I thought it would be best to do as much as I could today.  As of now he's looking better and I'm not sick yet, so we could wind up having a very laid back thanksgiving with only a turkey and biscuits to cook!

For the first time in maybe 10 years I'm trying a new turkey recipe.  I found it on Martha Stewart's website.  About 10 years ago I made a recipe for turkey on the grill that involves overnight brining and adding a packet of wood chips to the coals to give the bird a nice, smoky flavor.  It's so good I've made it every year.  But this year I find myself without a grill.  Over the summer during a mad purge I threw ours out (it was gross!) and since summer was 1/2 over I thought I'd try to find one on sale somewhere.  But somehow I let it get away from me and never bought a new grill.  So we'll try this Martha recipe this year and see how it goes.

1 comment:

Perky Nihilist said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

How did that turkey turn out? Sometimes being forced to try something new ends with wonderful results and Martha Stewart's recipes are pretty dependable.

Hope your little guy is feeling better and you didn't catch his bug.