Saturday, November 29, 2008

Holiday Mail For Heroes

Holiday Mail for Heroes is a partnership between the American Red Cross and Pitney Bowes to deliver 1 million cards to American service members, veterans, and their families in the United States and around the world.

Here is my first card to contribute to this wonderful cause.  Stamps are Aldenville, Smallish Star, and Gratitude Flourish from Odd Bird Planet.

In other news my Thanksgiving went well.  Willie was still sick so I'm so glad I did a lot of prep on Wednesday.  Now he seems better, and I'm not sick (yet!).  The oven cooked turkey was good, but not as good as my usual grilled turkey.  I'll be buying a new grill sometime before next Thanksgiving.  I did no Black Friday shopping yesterday.  I just about finished my kids shopping prior to Thanksgiving, and I try to give cash and GC's to everyone else.  I did buy a few scrappy/stampy goodies for myself from Limelight Papercrafts, though!

4 comments:

Beth Norman said...

What a unique way to use the stamps. I love it!

Perky Nihilist said...

I just love how you used the gratitude flourish for chimney smoke. You're so clever.

Sorry to hear your little guy is still sick. That is never fun.

Kathi said...

Gosh. That's wonderful! I agree that the use of the gratidue flourish is briliant.

vbastekzeta said...

Hi Laura! Thanks so much for contributing such a beautiful card to this program. On behalf of my colleagues at Pitney Bowes and the American Red Cross, I wanted to share this video thanking you and your readers for helping us meet our million letter goal. We not only reached it, but we surpassed it! And it’s all because people like you and your blog readers who got involved. Thanks so much for your help!