Monday, November 24, 2008

Christmas is Coming!

When Santa snoozes this is what he has to do - whip out the cash!

I actually was inspired to make this for Catherine's Handmade Holiday Contest.  I got the chipboard acorn ornament at Michael's.  Its made by Martha Stewart Crafts.  I covered it with glitter and now that I look at it "onscreen" I think it would also look good with just the top glittered, and the bottom left as plain chipboard.  I'll have to try that next.

The sleeping gnome stamp is from Odd Bird Planet, cut out and colored with Copics.  To make the money wrapper I just took a piece of kraft cardstock maybe 1/2" x 2" and made a circle with it using a glue dot to attach the 2 ends.  I glue dotted the gnome over the seam.  Easy!

2 comments:

Cathrine StClair said...

Awesome! This is so cute - Santa sent cash because he needed a nap LOL!

AnnMarie said...

Hiya Laura! This is such a clever idea!! I am a sucker for anything that sparkles!! Really nice job! : ) I enjoyed browsing your blog too! Have a great day!