Thursday, October 9, 2008

Altered Junk Mail!




One of the Stamptoberfest Challenges this week is to make a shaped card inspired by junk mail.

I got this $10 coupon from The Blue Tulip that opened up 4 ways and I wanted to try it, but instead of coming up with a template for a card I decided to try to just alter the junkmail itself and turn it into a card.  It was easy! 

First I painted the card with Gessofront and back and let it dry, then painted it with Kiwi colored acrylic paint.  I purposely did a quick and sloppy brush with the sponge to let some of the white from the gesso and even some of the base card color show through.  Then I cut the arrows out of 7 Gypsies paper using a template from The Crafters Workshop.  The owls are from Odd Bird Planet and colored in with Copics.




1 comment:

Ryann said...

This is awesome Laura. Not junk at all!!! *smiles*