Sunday, September 14, 2008

Organizing - Part 1





Lets talk crafty storage!

I was going to do this in 1 giant post, but Blogger only wants to let me upload 5 photos at a time so I'll post in installments.

I don't have a dedicated scrap/stamp room.  I do most of my crafting on the island in my kitchen, and store supplies in some furniture pieces in my dining room and living room which I purchased for this purpose.  These rooms are very low traffic, especially the dining room which really only gets used for thanksgiving.

So here is my dining room.  Don't adjust your monitors, this purple is the real color.  It didn't look this way on the paint chip!  When my husband was done painting I asked him to re-do it and he said no, I'd have to "live with it" for a few years.  Anyway, I have this buffet table up against the wall which holds a good quantity of craft supplies.

The 3rd photo shows what's on top of the buffet and in the drawers - a green dish with my colored pencils, stumps, Memento, craft knife, adhesive, etc; a blue box which stores SU! sets;  and inside the drawers I have my circle cutter, some misc tools,  and I usually store works in progress in the drawers.

4th photo shows what's in the fabric bins - 2 of them hold tools like punches, heat gun, craft iron, and the other 2 hold misc wood mounted stamps and a some more SU! sets.

The last photo is the containers on the bottom shelf - a lunch box filled with rub ons, the 2 white boxes hold misc clear stamp sets, Stickles, Primas, blank mini albums.  The blue box holds my Odd Bird Planet stamps and the grey box holds photos larger than 4x6 photos and various ephemera.


3 comments:

Ryann said...

I love the color of your walls! Very crisp against the white.

Lauri said...

Thanks for the comment on my card on SCS! I love this color purple!! and you are very organized! Your cards are great!!! I am glad I found your blog....you are added to my list of places to check!!

~*Joni said...

Purple is regal! I love the buffet, you would never know it held an addiction. teehee!