Thursday, August 7, 2008

Kwerner Color Inspiration #18




Kristina Werner's color inspiration for this week, and here's my card.  I used the Odd Bird Planet  strawberry cupcake stamp, and tried something new with the coloring.  I stamped it on Bazzill bling white cardstock, which has a shiny and shimmery texture that I tried to photograph and didn't do such a good job.  I used my colored pencils and to get the color into the texture of the cardstock rather than just sitting on top I used my paper stumps and gamsol.  The color pushed around really nicely.  In the 3rd picture I gamsol blended the 1st 2 cupcakes, the other 3 are not yet blended.  Did I invent a technique?  I don't know I've never seen this done with the Bling before. 

8 comments:

Sherri said...

Cute card - what a great concept!

Shawntel said...

Those are some super cute cupcakes! Great Job!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I agree with Shawntel--these are super cute cupcakes!

Karen Giron said...

Very fun card! Love the cupcakes.

Lori said...

Cute! Love the stacked cupcakes.

MEL said...

Love the way you used the challenge, awesome!

Mandy said...

Wow! Adorable cupcakes!!

Marion said...

This is so unique from all the others love it!!