Sunday, August 31, 2008

I'm Not Worthy!!!



Do you remember in the movie Wayne's World, where Wayne and Garth visit the guitar store and worship the fancy guitar?  Thats how I felt when these markers showed up in my mailbox.  I've been contemplating them for so long.  I read I Like Markers every day, and every thread I can find on them.  My first thoughts are - pricey, yes, but these are definitely artist/professional tools.  

So I thought I'd post my very first ever attempts at Copic coloring.  

I bought the markers from Cathrine's Paper Garden Projects and my plan with the strawberries was to follow her example in this post, using my colors which are not all the same shades as hers.  My plan was to color in front of the computer, but my little guy woke up earlier than normal so I couldn't do that.  I had to color from memory.  The strawberry pair came out pretty good.  Then I pulled out the A Muse bunny and an A Muse flower basket from the clear set and made this little scene which came out maybe just so/so, but I love the way there are no overlap lines when you color a big area!  I used the corner of the chisel end to get into the tiny spots and it was tough to stay in between the lines.  I wonder if anyone has ever swapped out the chisel end for the fine point on their sketch markers?  To me this would be the perfect marker.

I made my coloring experiments into little tags and wrote the marker combo details on the back.  We'll see how long this lasts.  I'm not usually so organized.

1 comment:

Cathrine StClair said...

Wow!! It looks great! Ohhh... be careful, those markers are addictive!