Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I'll use this!





I'm a faithful reader of the Hero Arts Blog.  This week's challenge is to make something birthday inspired.  The featured artist, the awesome Tami Hartley, altered a pocket planner to use to keep track of birthdays.  When I saw it I thought "Gee, I could use something like this.  I make so many cards that there's really no excuse to miss someone's birthday"  And then a bell rang in my head.  I remembered something I had seen on the Simple Scrapbooks website, a download for a perpetual diary.  I did some hunting and I found the download here.  When I printed off the calendar pages I just designed my book cover around the colors and the clean and simple style of the  monthly pages.  I used the Hero Arts Small Concentric Circles stamp and inks from SU! in Green Galore, Cool Caribbean, Orange, Almost Amythest, and Memento Tuxedo.  After I stamped and punched out the circles I cut the chipboard to size 11 1/4 x 4 1/2 and used Mod Podge to adhere the circles.  I was a little disappointed that some of the colored ink ran, but I still think a Mod Podged cover is the way to go for a book like this so I'm not re-doing it.  I can say that the black Memento did not bleed at all.  Yay for Memento!  The alpha stickers are from Doodlebug and the large silver eyelet if from We R Memory Keepers.  

2 comments:

LeAnne said...

Laura, this is an awesome project! I just saw that you live in SE PA? West Chester? I'd love to chat but don't have your email!
LeAnne

Anne said...

I love how this project turned out, Laura! It is gorgeous. And such a creative idea! Thanks for sharing it with us! :-)