Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th!

I made this for Kathi's red, white, and blue challenge on Splitcoast.  The stamp is the Colonial Bird from Odd Bird Planet, which I tried to make look like Uncle Sam by drawing him a hat.  You can tell the hat was an afterthought as its resting on top of his wig, not his head, but I'm not going to worry about that.  My original plan was to have the bird next to the "A" but as I was laying down the dymo and the Heidi Swapp tape I realized I was running out of real estate on the face of my card.  Rather than start over I moved him around and found a nice spot inside the letter "U".

4 comments:

justjohanna said...

i LOVE it! he looks GREAT inside the "U"

Kathi Rerek said...

He's perfect inside the "U" and his hat is also perfect.

Great card! Thanks so much for doing my challenge. Right now you're a "lock" to win since there's no competition!

Tanis said...

Hey, congrats on your new....well, newER blog!! I'm putting you on my google reader :)
Great cards!

Eleanor said...

Love your card! Hope you're enjoying the July 4th holiday weekend!