Thursday, July 10, 2008

Greetings



When we were on Long Beach Island a few weekends ago I bought a postcard, one with a vintage style map drawing, thinking I'd use it on a scrapbook page or something.  I was looking at it, thinking how much fun it is to get a postcard in the mail.  We tack them on the refrigerator and they stay there for months.  The postage is like 1/2 the price of the stamp for regular mail.  You don't have to look for an envelope.  So out come the rubber stamps and colored pencils and we're making postcards.  This was so much fun.  Long legged Flo by the Eiffel tower is my favorite.  She reminds me of Carrie Bradshaw with her pink feathers and fancy hat!  All of the stamps are from Odd Bird except XOXO which is Purple Onion and a few doodle drawing of my own which are the stars and the moon rocks.  There is a stamp available of moonrocks but I don't have that one.

2 comments:

Beth Norman said...

What a neat idea. I'd like to try making postcards. Yours are so darn adorable.

Emilia said...

Long legged Flo by the Eiffel tower is my favorite too! It so funny that it did remind me Carrie after I saw your words. :) She always stands that way.