Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Cathrine's Garden Party


Cathrine's Garden Party inspiration for this week features such a pretty quilt from The Company Store's catalog.  My daughter and I actually worked on this one together.  She did the stamping and coloring (the images, not the alphas - she does not do alphas!).  To try to get a fabric-ey look we used textured cardstock instead of smooth and did no blending of the colored pencils.  The pencil colored area smears to the touch and I'm thinking maybe some hairspray will seal it?  I saw this done once by an artist who was doing charcoal and pastel portraits.  When she was done her picture she gave a spray of Aquanet.   I don't have any hairspray so I''ll have to pick some up at the grocery store.  The font is from Technique Tuesday that I stamped with chalk ink and outlined with a black pen.  All of the image stamps are from Odd Bird Planet.

2 comments:

Cathrine StClair said...

How cute is this!! I love it. And its so great that you got to do it with your daughter. I stamp with my kids too. The only problem I have is that they want to use every single stamp in the box. It takes a long time to clean all those stamps. Fun though.

I bet hairsray would wirk.

Kathi said...

Yahoo. It's wonderful. You and your daughter did a great job.

I think you'd be better of buying a Krylon sealer spray at Mike's or AC Moore.